Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Commuter's Sunrise

Sometimes even my commute to work can bring a big smile to my face.  This morning, while on the way to Kihei, I pulled over on Mokulele Highway near the Humane Society and got a shot facing the rising sun and a shot in the opposite direction of the sun's rays bouncing off the West Maui Mountains.  The sun rose at exactly 5:49AM, and these shots were taken at 5:51AM and 5:52AM respectively.

Please note these images are straight from the camera (Nikon D40, 18-55mm lens) with no post production processing of any kind.


To the east




To the west

1 comment:

  1. Spectacular Josh! If I took anything with me from our vacation to Maui, it was the sunrises and sunsets. You captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete