Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Maui Tacos Baby!!

To my utter shock today, while walking around the Fashion District, I ran into a Maui Tacos restauant.  After talking to a Chinese woman who identified herself as the owner, I realized there are other Maui Tacos in the US besides those in Hawaii - supposedly 31 franchises! The menu looked really familiar.  I told her the Hookipa burrito was my favorite.  After learning I'm living on Maui currently, the owner immediately asked if I surf - no I dive. Then she asked if I was a vegetarian as the Hookipa lacks meat. No again. :)

 Honestly, NYC was the LAST place I ever thought I'd run into one of these restaurants...  Hey, to the Maui Tacos restaurants actually on Maui - this franchise serves alcohol!








For more info on the Maui Tacos' franchise deal: Honolulu Star Bulletin.

No comments:

Post a Comment