Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother Earth Day Festival



I live in the town of Haiku.  It's a quiet, funky little town on the north shore that is normally quite placid.  On Mother's Day though, we were treated to a gathering of a certain demographic of town-folk for 8 hours of celebrating Mother Earth.

This annual event took place at the Studio Maui.  From food vendors, to music, to lectures, and all sorts of free-thinking presentations, this festival radiated energy and vibes.





































For more info:  Mother Earth Day

3 comments:

  1. I think I threw up a little when I saw those pictures. I can't take any more crazy. Did they try to steal your soul and get a ride to Paia, man? Sadly, I know 2 of the people in those photos. I have to get off this island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Josh,
    Nice pictures of Mother Earth Day Festival, 2010. The 2011 Earth Day Festival is set for May 1, 2011 at Ke'Opuolani Park amphitheater. I am one of the co-producers, and I would like permission to use your 2010 pictures in press, and on our website. You will be credited in the byline.

    Thanks for your response to info@MauiEarthDay.org. I look forward to hearing from you, and hope to meet you at the 2011 event.

    Best Wishes,
    Mary Traynor
    Co-Producer
    Maui Earth Day Festival

    ReplyDelete