Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Have A Smile!



There are all kinds of people on Maui.  Maui attracts all kinds of people.  I don't want to judge too much here, so I'll just leave it at that.  I ran into these two free spirits on Front Street during the day Rhapsody of the Seas unloaded all its passengers into Lahaina.

What is interesting though is how these two groups of people interact with each other.  Like a sociology experiment, notice how when people walk by the girl singing perched atop a wooden stump, their reactions not only to her, but to me photographing the whole scene.

This guy is from Oregon and strummed out the instrumentals and background music.



Here's the lead singer from Vancouver Island, B.C. belting out classic rock vocals atop her perch.  The duo met in Maui.




Here are some passers-by, feel free to draw your own conclusions.  If I may suggest, notice facial expressions, physical proximities, and reactions.
























2 comments:

  1. Have enjoyed your posts and pictures. Feel like I've had an inside peak from an local angle. My family will be arriving in Maui on Sunday. First visit so beyond excited. Saved you to my favorites so will check in on your adventures.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill, enjoy Maui and let me know what you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete