Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kihei Fat Boy




Sometimes, there's nothing better than a plump juicy burger.  To satisfy those cravings, there's a new burger joint in Kihei called Fat Boy Burger.  Located in the old fish and chips place next to Starbucks in the Kukui Mall on South Kihei Rd, FBB is the offspring of Fat Daddy's Smokehouse and BBQ, also in Kihei.

Anxiously awaiting indulging my taste buds, I ordered a regular Fat Boy with Fries.  As you can see, there are enough fries for two and the actual burger patty itself is made from a secret recipe that I swore I wouldn't divulge, even here on Maui Observer.  Sorry, but the results were all there nonetheless - wonderful meaty goodness that I seriously gulped down in less than a minute.  I eat fast anyways, but this Fat Boy just begged to be devoured.

I must have looked like some kind of maniacal pig man to the tourists sitting next to me as they watched me gobble down a beef sandwich with all that wonderful rainbow-colored sauce smeared all over my fingers and lips; basically the entire bottom half of my face.  I didn't actually wipe until the deed was done and I got up to get a napkin.  Devoured in record time!  The pink colored sauce is chipotle which I used as a fry bath and an additional coat of burger drizzle.  I couldn't eat all the fries, so I took the remainder home.



























The burger cost $8 and the fries $4.  I just realized though that according to the banner in the pic,  Fat Boys are $5 from 2-5pm.  I ate at 2:45pm?

Here's Nick, the guy that cooked my burger and actually brought it out to me!




Juliane Darty of Haiku takes a burger order from Mike Ross of Kihei




No comments:

Post a Comment