Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maui's Most Famous Mailbox


























This mailbox sits on Omapio Rd on the way to Kula.  I've never seen one quite like this.  It sure does gather attention.  I recall a Maui News story describing how this box was vandalized and destroyed at least once in the past, only to rise from the ashes like some kind of first-class phoenix.

Aware of Maui's mail theft problem, I reinforced my metal locking mailbox with an aftermarket padlock after someone stole my mail by breaking the stock lock.

 I certainly appreciate the time and energy it took to create this functional piece of art.  Next time you're up by Surfing Goat Dairy, just venture up the mountain a little way on the same road and pay this guy a visit.

1 comment:

  1. someone stole mine too and i was so mad about that but then my mom told me about this company to get some help and guess what it worked http://bit.ly/9AmT7f

    ReplyDelete