Stat Counter

A Valley Isle reportage. Shoot first, write later.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Libby's Vienna Sausage


Did you know Hawaii is the number one consumer of SPAM in the US?  I like Vienna Sausages as they are more convenient to eat and I'm impressed by how they somehow pack seven weiners into that little tin can without damaging the dogs.  

Aside from Twinkies, which can outlast the cellophane they're wrapped in, the V.S. can last a respectable 2-5 years depending on storage conditions according to stilltasty.com.  My dog Ginger can devour a whole tin in less than 10 seconds.  I went to Long's Drugs today and they had the 18 can box priced at $7.99.  Libby's is a division of ConAgra Foods!  Dun, dun, DUN!




1 comment:

  1. you know what's REALLY good? Libbby's Corned Beef Hash cooked in a skillet and all crunchy and delicious...I don't get to eat it that often but damn, it's good. The only time I have ever had vienna sausages was with mom in our childhood. Remember? They were pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete